Note last edited June 2022
- AP flour (400g)
- Whole-wheat flour (100g)
- Sourdough starter (100g — remember to not use up all the starter! Leave some to keep it going)
- Salt (10g)
- Autolyse: Combine AP flour, whole-wheat flour, and water (350g). Cover and let it rest for ~1h.
- Add starter and salt. Combine. Let rest for ~15min.
- Fold, form boule, and cover.
- Until ready for shaping (2–6h, until properly risen): Do a fold every 20–25min.
- Flour banneton (with rice flour) and work area. Shape dough. Place in banneton and cover. Wait until finger poke test almost passes.
- Preheat oven (230°C).
- Wait until finger poke test passes.
- Score. Put in oven (covered, with some steam). Wait 20min; bread should have risen properly.
- Take off cover. Wait 20min until crust is formed.